Neem Oil 1L
- Neem Oil is used in Horticulture, Viticulture and Fruit Growing.
Neem Oil 1L is a natural product derived from the seeds of the neem tree, also known as Azadirachta indica. This oil is highly valued in horticulture for its many beneficial properties. Our Neem products come directly from Senegal in Africa. Neem oil is 100% Azadirachta indica, natural, NO GMO, gluten free, vegan.
Neem oil comes from the seeds which are dried, crushed and then pressed to extract the oil. Neem oil can help with hair care, skin care, oral health, reduce inflammation, detoxify the body, stimulate appetite, control intestinal ulcers and can improve heart health.
- Neem oil is also very effective against pest control, offering protection against the Olive Moth on Olive trees.
Neem oil can be used on a number of vegetables, the most common of which are:
- Tomatoes, Peppers, Potatoes, Courgettes, Cucumbers, Carrots, Onions, Lettuce, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, Cabbage, Chard, Beetroot, Beetroot, Peas, Spinach, Leeks, Arugula, Beans.
Neem oil suppresses pests:
- Leaf aphids, whiteflies, heath aphids, caterpillars, spider mites, fungal as well as bacterial diseases.
Neem oil prevents the formation of diseases such as:
- Verticillium Wilt (This is a fungal disease that can cause wilting and death of plants. It is common in tomatoes, peppers and potatoes).
- Ash blight (This is a fungal disease that appears as a white or grey powdery coating on the leaves, stems and flowers of plants. It can weaken plants and reduce yields).
- Peronospora (This is a fungal disease that appears as yellow or brown spots on the leaves of plants. It can cause stunted growth and premature death of plants).
- Fusarium Wilt (This is a fungal disease that can cause yellowing and wilting of plants. It is common in tomatoes, cucumbers and melons)
- Bacterial scab ( This is a bacterial disease that appears as dark, water-soaked spots on the leaves, stems and fruits of plants. It can cause stunted growth and reduced yields).
- Botryitis ( This is a fungal disease that can cause grey mould on the flowers and leaves of plants. It can reduce yield and cause death of the plant).
- Apple scab (This is a fungal disease that can cause black spots on the leaves and fruit of apple trees. It can reduce yield and affect fruit quality).
Benefits and properties of neem oil:
- Natural pest control: Neem oil is an effective natural pest control agent. It acts as a repellent and provides a barrier to pest growth, helping to prevent attacks on plants without the use of harmful chemicals.
- Fighting fungal diseases: Neem oil is also effective in preventing and treating fungal diseases such as powdery mildew, rust and black mould.
- Safe to use: Being a natural product, neem oil is safer to use than synthetic pesticide products. This is particularly important for organic gardeners and those who want to maintain sustainable gardening practices.
- Protects beneficial insects: Neem oil generally does not harm beneficial insects such as bees and ladybirds, which are crucial for pollination.
- Soil use: Neem oil can improve soil health by helping to control harmful nematodes and other soil pests.
- Foliar use: It can be applied directly to the leaves of plants to help fight pests and diseases that attack the top of the soil.
- Long-lasting protection: Neem oil provides long-lasting protection to plants as it breaks down slowly, meaning it lasts longer.
- Environmentally friendly: As a natural product, neem oil is biodegradable and does not pollute the environment.
Applications of Neem Oil in Horticulture:
- Using neem oil in your garden is easy. It can be used as a preventative or to treat plants that are already infected with diseases or pests. To use, mix it with water and apply to plants with a sprayer or brush. Regular use is recommended for best results.
Gardeners use neem oil as part of a holistic approach to maintaining healthy and productive gardens. It is important to follow the dilution and application instructions when using it. Neem oil is a key component for those seeking effective, natural and environmentally friendly gardening solutions.
Benefits of Neem Oil for your plants:
- Increases soil fertility
- is biodegradable
- is emulsified
- is effective against a wide range of harmful insects
- it is environmentally friendly
- maintains soil fertility
- does not harm plants
- easy to use
- has a longer shelf life than other bio-agents used against insects.
Despite its versatile action, neem oil is best known in agri-culture, where it is used worldwide wherever natural and effective plant treatments are desired.
Neem oil is special in that it only suppresses harmful insects, while it does not harm good insects (butterflies, ladybirds, earthworms, bees).
WARNING! Over-fertilisation can harm soil and plants! Store in closed and dark places at room temperature! Keep out of the reach of children!